Something weird with SNES convergence reason

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 15 09:04:52 CDT 2008

   run with -ksp_monitor -ksp_converged_reason to see how the linear
solver is working. Also try adding
-ksp_rtol 1.e-10 to see if solving the linear system more accurately
helps (it really shouldn't matter).
You can also run with -info to get a lot more detailed information
about the nonlinear solve and the
line search. This is suppose to be an easy nonlinear problem so I
would expect it to converge easily,
there may be a slight error with your FormFunction() that starts to
matter only for larger problems.

    Barry