2 Questions about DAs

Milad Fatenejad icksa1 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 15:01:49 CDT 2008

Hello:
I've attached the result of two calculations. The file "log-multi-da"
uses 1 DA for each vector (322 in all) and the file "log-single-da"
using 1 DA for the entire calculation. When using 322 DA's, about 10x
more time is spent in VecScatterBegin and VecScatterEnd. Both were
running using two processes

I should mention that the source code for these two runs was exactly
the same, I didn't reorder the scatters differently. The only
difference was the number of DAs

Any suggestions? Do you think this is related to the number of DA's,
or something else?

Thanks for your help
Milad