Getting values of a parallel vector

Jaime Suarez jaime.suarez at iesl.forth.gr
Mon Mar 24 10:32:03 CDT 2008

Good morning,

My question is about getting the values of a parallel vector in the
PETSc subroutines using Fortran 90.

As far as I know, I can invoke:
CALL VecGetArrayF90
in order to get the full array that is being considered in each
processor. However, I cannot employ this tool since I need to have also
the values that are stored in other processors. Is there a straight way
to get the value of the n-th element of a parallel vector, no matter
where this element is stored?

I am aware of the difficulty of this task, since it would involve
transfer of information between different processors.

Thanking you in advance,

Jaime Suarez
Theoretical and Computational Chemistry in Crete (TCCC),
Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL),
FOundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH)