Doubts concerning matrix reorderings!

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:21:25 CST 2008

On 3/3/08, Rafael Santos Coelho <rafaelsantoscoelho at gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize it's an easy problem and so matrix reorderings might not be too
> advantageous. But still, the main reason I want to pursue this it's because
> soon I'll be dealing with more complex nonlinear problems and when that time
> comes, I already plan to be familiarized with reorderings [:

OK, I see. Anyway, if you have the chance, I would recommend you to
take a look at SNES if going to nonlinear problems, and specially its
support for Eisenstand&Walker method for selecting the tolerance of
the inner Krylov solver. You have good chances of obtaining better
running times, even for moderately sized problems. Just a suggestion
for further investigation :) !

--
Lisandro Dalcín