Direct LU solver

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 09:14:20 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:23 AM,  <Amit.Itagi at seagate.com> wrote:
> Matt/Hong/Satish,
>
>  My toy-problem would run with the command line options. However, the
>  in-code options were still giving a problem. I also found that I had a
>  Petsc version compiled with the debugging flag off. On recompiling Petsc by
>  turning the debugging flag on, the in-code options worked. I am wondering
>  about the cause for this behavior.

I am sure this is a misinterpretation. The code just does not work that way.
Something you have not notices changed between those versions of your code.
When you say "giving a problem", I assume you mean the option does not take
effect. The most common cause is a misunderstanding of the mechanism. If you
call a function to set something, but subsequently call
SetFromOptions(), it will
be overridden by command line arguments

   Matt

>  Thanks for your help. I will now fiddle around with the actual application.
>
>  Rgds,
>  Amit
their experiments lead.