what's the difference between PetscViewerASCIIOpen() and PetscViewerBinaryOpen()?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 12 14:15:00 CST 2008

    The files should be the same.

    Barry

1) If the matrix is generated differently in parallel then sequential
then rounding of the floating point
operations will result in very slightly different numerical values in
the matrix.

2) If the ordering of the the unknowns is different in the parallel
and sequential then the matrices
will, of course, be permutations of each other.