how to inverse a sparse matrix in Petsc?

Waad Subber w_subber at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 19:58:31 CST 2008

Hi
There was a discussion between Tim Stitt and petsc developers about matrix inversion, and it was really helpful. That was in last Nov. You can check the emails archive

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/petsc-users/2007/11/threads.html

Waad

Yujie <recrusader at gmail.com> wrote: what is the difference between sequantial and parallel AIJ matrix? Assuming there is a matrix A, if I partitaion this matrix into A1, A2, Ai... An.
A is a parallel AIJ matrix at the whole view, Ai is a sequential AIJ matrix? I want to operate Ai at each node.
 In addition, whether is it possible to get  general inverse using MatMatSolve() if the matrix is not square? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Yujie