Re: 回复: Re: About unpreconditioned residuals in Left Preconditioned GMRES

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 2 16:10:44 CST 2008

    To calculate the true residual norm at each iteration of left
preconditioned GMRES requires
actually forming b - A*x which means computing A*x which means
computing x (which is not available
without additional calculations at each iteration). This is why we do
not support left preconditioning with
true residual norm convergence test.

    You should use the KSP type of FGMRES, it is written using right
preconditioning and for a standard PC
is identical to regular GMRES.

    Barry