problem in compiling petsc for visual c++ 2005

berry lua.byhh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 08:03:46 CDT 2008

Hi, Matt

Previously I installed petsc on cygwin following the official guide from
petsc website. Because I started from cygwin shell, so both' mkdir 'and
'sed' command are transparent for petsc configure script.

But for VC 2005 version, I start from VC 2005 command line prompt, and type:
c:\cygwin\bin\bash , then going to the bash shell. I am not sure why in this
way the installation script can not see the 'sed' and 'mkdir'. By the way,
it also miss python. So I give an absolute path for executing configure.py.
Although it starts to run the configure.py script, it misses some command
line utilities in sub installation script.

thanks