Shared libraries

Amit.Itagi at seagate.com Amit.Itagi at seagate.com
Mon Apr 28 13:15:34 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to recompile my PetSc installation to have "--with-shared=1".
Also, I am specifying "--with-blas-lapack-dir=...". The library building
goes through ok. However, in the last step of generating the shared
libraries, I get an error about the lapack library. This step is looking
for liblapack in /usr/local/lib and that lib was not compiled with -fPIC. I
want the program to use the one that I specified in
"--with-blas-lapack-dir=...". Which option (in which file) do I need to
tweak ?

This is in petsc-2.3.3-p8.

Thanks

Rgds,