Compiling PETSc with Visual Studio 2008

Farshid Mossaiby mossaiby at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 05:01:10 CDT 2008

Hi,

Configure says it cannot make ParMetis with the option
--download-parmetis. Is this related to Visual Studio
2008 compiler I use, or something else is wrong? Here
is the message:

Error running make on ParMetis: Could not execute 'cd
/home/Administrator/petsc-2.3.3-p12/externalpackages/ParMetis-dev;
make clean; make lib; make minstall; make clean':
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `lib'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `minstall'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.

Regards,
Farshid Mossaiby

P.S. I hope this is appropriate place to ask this.