Forming a sparse approximation of a MatShell

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 9 15:10:23 CDT 2008

    Jed,

     The Mat coloring code can also be used directly, not through
SNES. Once you have
the coloring for the matrix (you can get that with MatGetColoring(),
of course, this assumes
you have already set a nonzero pattern for your matrix)). Call
MatFDColoringCreate()
then MatFDColoringSetFunction(), MatFDColoringSetFromOptions() and
then MatFDColoringApply().

    Good luck,

     Barry