MatTranspose

Toby D. Young tyoung at ippt.gov.pl
Tue Apr 8 05:40:10 CDT 2008

Hello all.

I confused about the statement on MatTranspose() on the manual pages at

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Mat/MatTranspose.html

where for

#include "petscmat.h"
PetscErrorCode  MatTranspose(Mat mat,Mat *B)

is the statement:

Notes
If you pass in PETSC_NULL for B an in-place transpose in mat will be
done

Does this mean that if I pass PETSC_NULL then the matrix "A" will be
returned as its own transpose? Does this save memory if I do not need
the original matrix and only its transpose? If not, is there an
efficient way to destroy the original matrix, thus keeping the
transpose only?

Can anyone please clarify for me what this statement means?

...and finally thanks to all for answering my previous confused
questions.   :-)

Best,
	Toby

--

Toby D. Young - Adiunkt (Assistant Professor)
Department of Computational Science

+48 22 826 12 81 ext. 184
http://rav.ippt.gov.pl/~tyoung