Installation with Intel or PGI compilers

Nicolas Tardieu niko.karin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:16:44 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have some troubles using PETSc compiled with Intel compilers (version
10.1)  in Fortran language in parallel on a 64 bits machine. The
PetscInitialize always fails. In order to make it work, I have to make the
following changes in petscconf.h.

320,321c320,321
< #ifndef PETSC_HAVE_IPXFARGC_
< #define PETSC_HAVE_IPXFARGC_ 1
---
> #ifndef PETSC_HAVE_IARGC_
> #define PETSC_HAVE_IARGC_ 1
488,489c488,489
< #ifndef PETSC_HAVE_PXFGETARG_NEW
< #define PETSC_HAVE_PXFGETARG_NEW 1
---
> #ifndef PETSC_HAVE_BGL_IARGC
> #define PETSC_HAVE_BGL_IARGC 1

Once this is done, PetscInitialize and the rest of the code works fine.
Strange, isn't it.....

Nicolas