use BLZPACK in Petsc and SLEPc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 18 09:43:43 CDT 2007

You can check the installation instructions of SLEPc & PETSc

http://www.grycap.upv.es/slepc/install.htm
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/installation.html

Wrt using BLZPACK from SLEPc, you'll have to check with SLEPc
developers. [slepc-maint at grycap.upv.es]

Simple summary of installing PETSc:

wget ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/release-snapshots/petsc-lite-2.3.2-p10.tar.gz
tar -xzf petsc-lite-2.3.2-p10.tar.gz
cd petsc-2.3.2-p10
export PETSC_DIR=$PWD
./config/configure.py CC=gcc FC=g77 --download-f-blas-lapack=1 --download-mpich=1
make all
make test
<<<

If you wish to use these libraries from C++ - you could use the
additional configure option: --with-clanguage=cxx

Satish