need help with makefile

P. Aaron Lott palott at ipst.umd.edu
Sat Mar 3 11:34:14 CST 2007

Hi Satish,

I tried the order of the use statements and the include, but it
didn't seem to matter. I really don't know much about make files or
the linking process with compilers but it seems like the compiler
statement

/usr/local/mpich-1.2.5.2/bin/mpif90 -c  -I. -g  __unsteady_ex.F -o
unsteady_ex.o

is trying to make an object file unsteady_ex.o

However, unsteady_ex.F depends on many other object files before this
can be compiled. During the make process the first file dealt with is
unsteady_ex.F, which before using petsc, unsteady_ex.f90 was the last
to be compiled. It seems like there should be some way to compile the
rest of my program first and then perform this step at the end.

I'm not sure if there's some way to rearrange things in the makefile
command in order to do this or not. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

-Aaron

$(CMD)  : $(SOBJS)
	-${FLINKER} $(FLAGS)  -o $(EXENAME) $(SOBJS)

On Mar 3, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Satish Balay wrote:

> I can't spot any obvious issues here.. Is it possible that the
> #include should go after the 'use statements'? [I don't know enough
> about f90 issues here]
>
> Satish
>
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, P. Aaron Lott wrote:
>

>> Hi Satish,
>>
>> I'm attaching the file to this e-mail.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Aaron

P. Aaron Lott
Ph.D. Candidate
4239 Computer and Space Sciences Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-4015

palott at ipst.umd.edu
http://www.lcv.umd.edu/~palott