MPI Initialisation Problem

Tim Stitt timothy.stitt at ichec.ie
Sat Jun 16 14:53:03 CDT 2007

Satish,

I figured out the problem. It seems that our implementation of mpiexec has
some issues:

According to mpiexec documentation....

12. Only one process is launched, and mpiexec says "task 0 exited before
    completing MPI startup".

    This happens when you are using MPICH2, but have told mpiexec that
    it should use the MPICH1/P4 communication method.  Try with
    "-comm=pmi", and if that works, rebuild mpiexec using
    "--with-default-comm=pmi" for convenience.

So I executed with -comm=pmi and everything was o.k.

Sorry to bother you,

Tim.

--
Dr. Timothy Stitt <timothy_dot_stitt_at_ichec.ie>
HPC Application Consultant - ICHEC (www.ichec.ie)

Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
5 Merrion Square - Dublin 2 - Ireland

+353-1-6621333 (tel) / +353-1-6621477 (fax) / +353-874195427 (mobile)