Setting tolerances for multigrid

Knut Erik Teigen knutert at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Jun 15 03:06:36 CDT 2007

Thanks, Matthew. It seems like the tolerances weren't my problem,
though. Even with a tolerance of 1e-10, the computation diverges after
only a few time steps when using multigrid. With ordinary linear
solvers, I can use a tolerance of 1e-4 and still get a satisfactory
solution.
Could it be that the Galerkin approximation for the coarser levels is
too inaccurate for my problem?

-Knut Erik-