cannot find Python module Cxx and Cxxhelper

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 14:48:38 CDT 2007

Hi Matthew,

I have attached a tar ball containing the code
directory.
PETSc is configured with:
seki at kalmar:~/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev$ PETSC_DIR=`pwd`
./config/configure.py --with-cc=gcc --with-fc=g77
--with-cxx=g++ --download-f-blas-lapack=1
--download-mpich=1 --with-clanguage=cxx --with-sieve=1
--download-boost=1 --download-chaco  --download-fiat
--download-generator
and it is built without problem.

When I build this sample code by
PCFD2007TutorialCode/revision8_fiat$
PETSC_DIR=/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev make
I got the following out:
((-1.0,), (1.0,))
{0: {0: [0], 1: [1]}, 1: {0: []}}
Perm: [0, 1]
((-1.0,), (1.0,))
{0: {0: [0], 1: [1]}, 1: {0: []}}
Perm: [0, 1]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "quadrature.fiat", line 56, in <module>
    FEMQuadrature().run()
  File "quadrature.fiat", line 52, in run
    filename = sys.argv[1])
  File
"/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/python/PETSc/FEM.py",
line 583, in run

self.outputElementSource(self.getElementSource(elements),
filename)
  File
"/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/python/PETSc/FEM.py",
line 545, in getElementSource
    defns.extend(self.getIntegratorSetup(n, element))
  File
"/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/python/PETSc/FEM.py",
line 208, in getIntegratorSetup
    decls.append(self.Cxx.getArray(refVar,
self.Cxx.getType('double'), dim))
  File
"/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/externalpackages/Generator/CxxHelper.py",
line 306, in getArray
    import ASE.Compiler.Cxx.Array
  File
"/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/python/BuildSystem/importer.py",
line 36, in import_module
    q, tail = self.find_head_package(parent, name)
  File
"/home/seki/mywork/PETSc/petsc-dev/python/BuildSystem/importer.py",
line 79, in find_head_package
    raise ImportError, "No module named " + qname
ImportError: No module named ASE
make: *** [quadrature.h] Error 1

Please let me know these information is sufficient.
Thanks a lot.

Shi