Do not ignore errors in Makefile

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 13:39:03 CDT 2007

Hi,there,

I found that the default behavior of compiling a PETSc
program composed of many source files is that errors
are ignored and compilations continue to the next
source file when an error is encountered during
"make".
I think it is caused by the "-" sign in the Makefile.
There may be a good reason to have this feature but
for my code, I really don't want it. I want to he
process to stop so that I can immediately deal with
the error. Is there a way to accomplish this feature?
I guess something must be changed inside
${PETSC_DIR}/bmake/common/base etc but it seems quite
complicated to figure it out. Could you please help me
here? Thank you very much.

Shi