KSP/PC choice

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 09:20:42 CDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Tim Kröger <tim at cevis.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the more KSP and PC methods are available, the more difficult it is to
> choose a suitable one.
>
> I want to compute Navier-Stokes (using Finite Elements) for
> medium-sized Reynolds numbers (still laminar, though).  I am currently
> using

Are you solving incompresible flow? Tansient or steady state? Are you
using a monolithic formulation; or a fractional-step like formulation?
What kind of stabilization for advection and pressure are you using?

I ask this because in my experience incompressible flows with
monolithic formulations are usually hard to solve, and a good choice
of stabilization method not only leads to better final solution, but
also lead to linear systems with better conditioning.

--
Lisandro Dalcín