Petsc on Blue Gene

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:54:36 CDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Brian Biskeborn <bbiskebo at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Any suggestions on where this data misalignment might be occurring?

Please, take into account my ignorance about this is really complete,
but.. supporte you declare a local variable and next take a pointer to
it, ie:

PetscReal rval, *rptr;
rptr = &rval;

Is the rptr aligned as you need? If that's not the case, perhaps PETSc
is interacting bad with malloced memory and 'stacked' memory.

Please, forget me if this does not make any sense.

Regards,

--
Lisandro Dalcín