about AMG

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:35:41 CST 2007

In case this helps you, here goes what I usually do for installing
petsc in our cluster, in a central location. Make sure 'mpicc' is in
your $PATH, the first line is to be sure about this.

$ which mpicc
/usr/local/mpich2/1.0.5/bin/mpicc
$ tar -zxf petsc-2.3.2-p8.tar.gz
$ cd petsc-2.3.2-p8
$ export PETSC_DIR=`pwd`
$ export PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu
$ touch ~/.hypre_license
$ python config/configure.py --prefix=/usr/local/petsc/2.3.2
--with-shared=1 --with-hypre=1 --download-hypre=ifneeded
$ make
$ su -c 'make install'
$ export PETSC_DIR=/usr/local/petsc/2.3.2
$ make test

--
Lisandro Dalcín