about Unstructured Meshes

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 09:53:07 CST 2007

On 2/23/07, Niriedith Karina <niriedith at gmail.com> wrote:
> oka oka...
> thaks
> but... i don't understand very well....
> what can i do with petsc and the unstructured mesh support? because you say
> that petsc does not make meshes so what it's new about the meshes in petsc ?
> i'm sorry but i'm very new in this area...

Then I think you should not try out the PETSc stuff yet. I would just get the
appropriate mesh generator and go from there. The extra support is for
construction of functions and operators over a mesh, but you can do that
yourself after generating them.

   Matt

--
One trouble is that despite this system, anyone who reads journals widely
and critically is forced to realize that there are scarcely any bars to eventual