nonlinear solvers

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 17:26:33 CST 2007

Hi,

   I am using the nonlinear solvers in Petsc. My application requires
the jacobian at the final nonlinear solution, since after the
nonlinear solution I solve a linear system of equations with the
jacobian as the system matrix.
   I am curious to know if it is safe to assume that for all
nonlinear solvers in Petsc, the last jacobian used before convergence
is same as the jacobian evaluated at the final solution. If this is
the case, then I will not need to evaluate the jacobian again,
otherwise, I will need to compute it again after the final solution.

   Kindly help me with your comments.

Thanks,
Manav