Using PETSc in structured c-grid for CFD and multigrid

Berend van Wachem berend at chalmers.se
Fri Feb 2 02:42:13 CST 2007

Hi Ben,

It will probably work, but it will be more expensive. If you use an
implicit algorithm to solve the flow, it really pays off to have the
boundary conditions implicit as well. Explicit boundary conditions
mean you will need additional iterations, which is really unnecessary
in your case. Why not put the dependency directly in the matrix?

Berend.