Question regarding PCMG

TsuyoshiKoyama(berkeley) tkoyama at berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 14 10:59:30 CDT 2007

With regards to the first problem I had, I was misinterpreting how
the function PCApply should work. I had assumed that you could pass
in an initial vector x_init to the PCApply by calling PCApply(x, x_init) and
have x_init
rewritten by the result. Unfortunately this is not the correct way to do
things
in PETSc and I have figured out a way to use the KSPRichardson context
for the stationary solver I have coded as my own PC object.

For the second problem, the fix for the first problem will avoid it since I
will no longer be trying to use the KSPPreonly but the KSPRichardson.

Thank you very much for your help, Mr. Knepley!

Sincerely,

-Tsuyoshi Koyama