about MPI_Comm_size(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,&size)

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 26 01:19:37 CDT 2006

As long as you plan to run multiple MPI procs on the same machine,
'localonly' option is appropriate and should be fine.

If you wish to avoid using this option - then you probably need to run
the mpd configuration tool and set things up correctly [don't know
exactly what that would be]. Its certainly not something which
requires a reinstall of mpich.

Satish