about Toeplitz type matrix

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 23 15:15:48 CDT 2006

  Jiaxun,

   We don't have any such routines. Often people used specialized
Toeplitz solvers that take advantage of very specific matrix structure
to perform very quickly. PETSc does not have any of these special solvers
or storage formats since we try to provide general purpose solvers.

   Barry

Of course, PETSc is extensible and such solvers could be added and we
would gladly accept and maintain solvers people contribute.

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, jiaxun hou wrote:

> Hi,
I am using PETSc in my program to solve Toeplitz type systems. Are there any commands to construct the Toeplitz matrics in a convenient and efficient way?

Regards,
Jiaxun