about PETSC installation

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 22:46:36 CDT 2006

On 10/21/06, Yixun Liu <yxliu at fudan.edu.cn> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try it, the error is "Error downloading f2cblaslapack.tar.gz requested
> with -with-c-blas-lapack option". So I install  fortran. I think fortran
> provide blas and lapack. If this what command should I use?

 Please refer installation questions to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov. Fortran
does not provide those
libraries. You would need something like --download-f-blas-lapack. However,
it would likely for
for the same reason as the last option. Every time your installation fails,
you should send the
configure.log to petsc-maint, as it advises you to do in the error messge.

  Matt

Best,

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec
Guiness