PETSc CFD advice

Nils Erik Svangård nilserik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 03:47:03 CDT 2006

Hello!
Last year I did my master thesis which consisted of converting and old
fortran based CFD application using block structured explicit solver
to use the PETSc framework.
Now my mentor/supervisor has contacted me again, they are thinking
about doing a unstructured solver and are looking at PETSc.
I said that I think using PETSc is a good idea, and if they are going
to write new code I think they should look at using C++ instead of
Fortran (because I think C++ is better suported by PETSc).
Was my advice any good? Any other advices they should look at before beginning?

best regards
/nisse

--
Nils-Erik Svangård