about parallel execution

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 17 10:10:50 CDT 2006

Note: the porgram/code executed on each processor is the same. However
the data on each processor could be different. This ammounts to
distributing work across all processors, and noprocessor is doing
duplicate work.

[This is the meaning of single program multiple data] Sounds like you
need a good introduction to parallel computing.

Satish