PETSc and OpenMP

Patrick Lechner mappol at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:12:01 CDT 2006

Dear all,

I basically use PETSc inside an existing OpenMP application. All PETSc
solves are done in serial in this application. I therefore do not need MPI
(at the moment...). The code solves finite element problems, where the
OpenMP environment is used to use various parameters for these systems. All
private variables are allocated on the stack, the OpenMP parallel loop makes
calls to PETSc.
Thanks for your replies,
Patrick

--

Patrick Lechner
Numerical Analysist / Numerical Modeller
Flat 1
159 Hardgate
Aberdeen, AB11 6XQ

Phone: 07815 927333