Cannot install petsc on my Ubuntu

He Xuefei g0306037 at nus.edu.sg
Fri Oct 6 02:28:31 CDT 2006

Hi,

I am a beginner with Linux. I just want to use petsc with C++ and do not
need to use MPI. There is only petsc-dev in Ubuntu Synaptic Package
Manager. After I installed it and followed your installation
instructions, I always have "./config/configure.py No such file or
directory". I have tried any methods on your website, but cannot fix
that.

I need to do this ./config/configure.py --with-clanguage=cxx
--with-mpi=0, am I right?

Could you please help me out? Tell me how to do step by step?

Thank you very much.

Xuefei