Unable to use MPICH2 during Petsc compilation

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 19:36:09 CST 2006

Hi,

I tried to install the mpich2 package 1st and compile the Petsc. I tried
specifying the directory/libs/include but they all did not work. I had
used /config/configure.py
--with-cc='win32fe cl' --with-fc='win32fe f90'  --with-cxx='win32fe cl'
By moving the intel mkl from c:/program files/intel/mkl/8.1.1/ to c:/program
files/intel/mkl/, it was able to detect mkl. However, the mpi ini() was not
successful. So in the end I had to install mpich1 and compile with Petsc
using that.

I now 've a working Petsc with mpich1. If I use the above command again to
generate the log file, will it "damaged" my current Petsc?

Thank you!