common nodla points on neighbouring subdomains

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 17 13:43:23 CDT 2006

   Thomas,

     Ok, things are clearer. Are you using the VecCreateGhost() routines?
If you are not using them you should use them (see manual page
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Vec/VecCreateGhost.html)
Once the solver is done you will call
        VecGhostUpdateBegin(v,INSERT_VALUES,SCATTER_FORWARD);
        VecGhostUpdateEnd(v,INSERT_VALUES,SCATTER_FORWARD);
and use VecGhostGetLocalRepresentation() to access the vector plus its
ghost points. (note that the "local" and "global" representations
share the same data in the same memory, the difference is that the "local"
is a VecSeq (with ghost points at the end) and the "global" is a VecMPI that
is the one actually passed to the solver and used with VecSetValues().

   Good luck,

    Barry