Extracting the Hypre preconditioner type used and PGI compiler su pport for VecGetArrayF90() and VecRestoreArrayF90()

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon May 15 08:45:59 CDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Stephen R Ball <Stephen.R.Ball at awe.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can you tell me if there is any way I can extract the name of the Hypre
> preconditioner type used i.e. boomeramg, euclid, parasails or pilut?
> Failing
> that is there any chance you could create a routine (with a Fortran
> interface) called PCHYPREGetType() that returns the Hypre preconditioner
> type used?

I agree that this is an oversight. I will put it in the development version,
and it
will appear in the next release.

Also, can you tell me if there is there any likelihood in the near future
> for Portland Group Inc (PGI) compiler support to be provided for routines
> VecGetArrayF90() and VecRestoreArrayF90()?

This is more problematic. Most F90 compilers have an array descriptor that
is a
variant of the NAG format. However PGF90 does not, and these refuse to tell
us the layout. Thus we cannot add those routines.

Regards

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec
Guiness