PETSc Problem with fgets

Joshua Adelman jadelman at ocf.berkeley.edu
Thu May 11 20:28:59 CDT 2006

OK, so I changed it to PETSC_COMM_SELF, which I believe takes care of
the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Josh

On May 11, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Sh.M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I apologize in advance if I am confusing you or down right saying
> something
> that is wrong.
>
> When I initially checked you code, it looks like CPU O is opening the
> file... but the rest of the CPUs try to read it aswell even though
> they
> havent opened(dont have a correct file pointer to the file) it
> yet... This
> would cause a segmentation fault. fgets is using the fd variable,
> wich in
> case of anything but CPU 0 are pointing to some garbage and not the
> file
> itself.
>
> With best regards, Shaman Mahmoudi

Joshua L. Adelman
Biophysics Graduate Group              Lab: 510.643.2159
218 Wellman Hall                                Fax: 510.642.7428
University of California, Berkeley     http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/
~jadelman
Berkeley, CA 94720 USA                   jadelman at ocf.berkeley.edu