polar coordinate singularity

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 10 16:16:43 CDT 2006

   A simple check in google of finite differences polar singularity
gave lots of possible references. One near the top that may be
relevent was http://enstrophy.colorado.edu/~mohseni/PSpdf/MyPapers/JCP2000.pdf

   PETSc itself doesn't address the nitty-gritty details of differencing schemes
so I don't think has any particular tool to help manage the differencing.

    Barry