Appending Values in Matrices

Sanjay Govindjee sanjay at ce.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 10 16:23:36 CDT 2006

 From Fortran:

     call MatSetValue( Kmat, i, j, val, ADD_VALUES, ierr )

Christopher Harden wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm new to PETSc and I'm trying to use a linear solver from the KSP
> package in a finite element code. Does anyone have a slick way of
> appending values to already existing values in a matrix using
> MatSetValues or is there some better routine to call for this purpose?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris Harden

Sanjay Govindjee, PhD, PE                 Voice:  (510) 642-6060
Professor of Civil Engineering            FAX:    (510) 643-8928
Vice Chair for Research and Technical Services

WWW: http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/~sanjay   E-mail: sanjay at ce.berkeley.edu

709 Davis Hall
Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials
Department of Civil Engineering
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1710