How to code for parallel computing using PETSC in CFD

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 01:31:21 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm now trying to modify my source code to enable parallel computing. I
tried to use the tutorial example and I managed to get it working. However,
in the example, there are a lot of "if"s statement which is not efficient.

In my CFD code, I've subroutine meant for corner cells, north, south, east ,
west and finally internal cells. How should I modify my code then?

My current idea is to insert a check statement into each subroutine ie " if
II>=Istart and II<=Iend-1 then ...."

That's the simplest and least modification required. But does anyone know a
better way?

Thanks and happy new year to all!