Kubuntu Linux + PETSc Question

Aron Ahmadia aja2111 at columbia.edu
Tue Dec 19 11:23:23 CST 2006

Dear Fernando,

You'll also want to make sure you're using an optimized blas/lapack
for your architecture.

I'm guessing the ROCKS cluster kernel is better tuned for scientific
computing and network performance than the generic Kubuntu kernel.
Have you tried using a similar kernel to the one provided by ROCKS?

I'm interested in your results--I've also tinkered a bit with Ubuntu,
especially since the advanced intel compilers are available for free
on it and not in OS X.

~A