Sudden random deviation of results

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 01:47:05 CST 2006

Hi,

I have tested my code again, using the checks suggested by Barry. Using
KSPGetConvergedReason shows that it has converged. Changing the tol from
1.e-5 to -6 or -7 or even -4 eliminated the explosion of value at that
particular time step.

However, that is expected since the values are now different. Moreover,  for
other linear solver package, it does not happen at this particular time step
as well.

Another strange thing is that suppose the explosion of value happen at t=50.
If I store my all my relevent values at t=40 into files and restart my
simulation from t=40(instead of t=1) by reading the stored values from the
files, the explosion will now not happen at t=50. Hence it seems very random
too....