profiling

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 7 16:49:13 CST 2006

 David,

   Depending on what you wish to do it may be very easy. The logging
is all done on a per process basis (each process just logs its stuff).
PetscLogPrintSummary() takes as an argument a communicator and summarizes
all the data over THAT communicator. So it may be as simple as calling
PetscLogPrintSummary() with the subcommunicators you created.

  Good luck,

   Barry

Now if you have lots of different size subcommunicators that each do
a variety of different computations, untangling the information will be
much harder.