leave my rows alone

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:21:10 CDT 2006

On 8/16/06, Thomas Geenen <geenen at gmail.com> wrote:
> dear petsc users,
>
> is there a way to prevent Petsc during the assembly phase from redistributing
> matrix rows over cpu's ?? i like the way the rows are assigned to the cpu's
> during the setvalues phase.

Actually,  the layout of a matrix is fully determined after MatSetSizes(), or
equivalently MatCreate***(). We do not redistribute at assembly.

setValues() will take values for any row, and send it to the correct
process. The
matrix layouts we support all have contiguous row on each proc. You can set the
sizes on creation.

  Does this answer your question?

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir
Alec Guiness