[petsc-dev] DMPlex overlap redistribution

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Mar 6 16:44:19 CST 2024

hi Matt,

On 7/03/24 2:55 am, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> Let's do this. Can you send me a dual porosity mesh, and I will figure
> out why the stratification
> algorithm does not work? I think you can just output the Plex as
> binary or HDF5, but you could
> also give me code that makes one.

OK, I've attached an example dual porosity / MINC DM, output before the
attempted redistribution.

  The original mesh is a vertical column of 11 hexahedral cells. Six of
the cells (2 - 7) have two levels of interior MINC cells added (i.e. an
interior cell, and then another interior cell inside that). So there are
a total of 11 + 2*6 = 23 cells. The DM was distributed over two processes.

For each extra interior face I also create one interior edge and one
interior vertex. I give the interior vertices arbitrary (0,0,0)
locations. I assign all the extra interior DM points (cells, vertices,
faces, edges) cell type DM_POLYTOPE_INTERIOR_GHOST.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher
Senior Research Fellow