[petsc-dev] why does this inanity exist?

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon May 1 03:49:05 CDT 2017

On 1 May 2017 at 00:05, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:
> Why not PetscStrallocpy like in PetscObjectChangeTypeName.  Seems easier
> to do that than to explain in the documentation that the string cannot
> be constructed dynamically.

Just because I think this is not really needed, but of course I might
be wrong. Anyway, moving to what you suggest should be trivial to
handle. Give me some time to put the PR together, and we can discuss
it again with actual code in front of our eyes.

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 0109
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459