[petsc-dev] Implementing longer pipelines with VecDotBegin and VecDotEnd

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 23 23:18:19 CDT 2017

   Jed,

      Ok I buy what you are saying as a possible solution but now I am wondering why you need the request argument. Instead, as soon as you hit the first End or PetscCommSplitReductionBegin why don't you start a new batch (internally) that all new Begin() calls feed into? Then each End call just checks through the previous (still incompleted) batches to find its begin partner (or we can require always first in, first out). Thus your first VecNormEnd(Y, would match the first begin with Y posted and your second would match the second.

   No API changes.

   Barry