[petsc-dev] building on KNL

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 10:22:02 CST 2017

Looks like a module problem

Executing: cc -c -o /tmp/petsc-7rDzhd/config.setCompilers/conftest.o
-I/tmp/petsc-7rDzhd/config.setCompilers
/tmp/petsc-7rDzhd/config.setCompilers/conftest.c
Possible ERROR while running compiler: exit code 256
stderr:
Error invoking pkg-config!
Package cray-udreg was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `cray-udreg.pc'
Package 'cray-udreg', required by 'mpich', not found
Source:
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "conffix.h"

int main() {
;
  return 0;
}
              Popping language C
          Error testing C compiler: Cannot compile C with cc.
            Deleting "CC"

   Matt