[petsc-dev] Using multiple mallocs with PETSc

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 20:52:22 CST 2017

>  Disappointing on my Mac.
>
> WARNING: Could not locate OpenMP support. This warning can also occur if compiler already supports OpenMP
> checking omp.h usability... no
> checking omp.h presence... no
> checking for omp.h... no
> omp.h is required for this library

Blame Apple for not supporting OpenMP in their system compiler. You need to Homebrew GCC or recent Clang to get OpenMP on Mac. Or you can install Intel (or PGI <ducks>).

Even if you get past this, you may run into other issues, which I captured on https://github.com/memkind/memkind/issues/34 a while ago. If libnuma is still a mandatory dependency, it's not available on Mac.

Jeff